Food & Beverage Manitoba
Food and Beverage Manitoba is a not-for-profit, industry-led association dedicated to promoting Manitoba’s vibrant food and beverage industry and are seeking a Training Coordinator to join our team! We are a small, but dynamic team supporting an exciting industry in the midst of many changes. Our organization is values driven and focused on purpose. If you are excited by food and helping make our food system more resilient, sustainable and equitable, than this is the role for you. Food & Beverage Manitoba exists to inspire a movement within our industry to realize the power of food to create a sustainable and equitable society.
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity for someone who is supremely organized and detailed-oriented, enjoys working directly with clients, and has a passion for adult education.
As the Training Coordinator, you will be able to interact personally with different businesses and clients, and you will also be responsible for all of the behind-the-scenes coordination for training sessions. You will work directly with our members to understand their training needs, manage a substantial training budget, recruit trainers, and conduct evaluations and surveys to ensure that training meets a high standard.
Our training is currently being offered both in person and virtually, so you will be required to ensure that venues are booked, arrange catering and supplies, and work directly with companies and post-secondary institution on the development of micro-credentials.
Our team is deeply committed to principles of equity, diversity and inclusion and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, flexibility, and a great work environment with a supportive team.
- Assist clients with training inquiries, scheduling, and customization
- Research and source high quality trainers, in accordance with internal procurement guidelines.
- Research meeting and event venues to achieve the most favorable terms and choose the best combination of quality and cost, and book reservations with a supplier diversity lens
- Coordination of career fairs (plan materials & equipment, set up and take down of booth, greeting, etc.)
- Coordinate all training sessions with an accessible and inclusive lens to ensure people with additional barriers have equitable access to training
- Ordering refreshments for events and training sessions
- Create and implement an evaluation plan for all training, including data analysis
- Manage the training committee to ensure industry needs are being reflected
- Meet one-on-one with companies to identify their specific training needs. Stay current with training trends and programs
- Prepare contracts for contracting with course delivery agent, training facilities, equipment, etc.
- Prepare course related materials, handouts, tools, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with post-secondaries
- Conduct presentations to high school students and community employment programs regarding career opportunities
- Track and report training outcomes in accordance with our main provincial funder
- Work with the Marketing and Communications manager to ensure that training sessions are well attended
- Collaborate with other Sector Councils and partners to ensure that training is not being duplicated
- Work with marketing and communications manager to create engaging content to promote training opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- University or college degree is required
- 1 – 3 years in a similar role
- Familiar with various video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Teams, etc.
- Strong prioritizing and organizational skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to build relationships with various stakeholders - industry, facilitators, government, consultants, and diverse populations
- Knowledge of the Agri-food industry (food and beverage manufacturing and primary agriculture sub-sectors) is a definite asset
- Background in adult education considered an highly desireable
- Previous experience creating evaluation plans and working with post-secondary institutions also preferred.
- Familiarity with and commitment to principles of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- An interest and experience with sustainability, circular economy, or sustainable food systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and reliable vehicle required
Salary range $40-50K depending on qualification.
Application deadline June 30th
Email resumes to email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Administrative